As we forge a path forward, my number one focus is the safety and security of all Georgians during these challenging times.
Our phased reopening of the economy has allowed thousands of Georgians to safely return to work and support their families. Commonsense legislation like the SCHOOL Act will help our students and teachers safely return to the classroom or learn virtually.
I strongly encourage all Georgians to do their part to protect themselves and their communities by following the recommended safety precautions: wash your hands, watch your distance, and wear a mask.
Over the last three years, we’ve proven that what we believe in actually works!
- Rolled back onerous regulations and taken action to unleash our energy potential.
- Cut taxes for Georgia families and small businesses.
- Rolled back Dodd-Frank regulations that had crippled community and regional banks.
Since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, we’ve secured billions in relief for Georgia small businesses and workers through the Paycheck Protection Program, saving more than 1.5 million jobs.
Our winning agenda created the greatest economic turnaround in U.S. history. Prior to COVID19, we saw the lowest African-American, Asian-American, and Hispanic unemployment rates ever recorded and the lowest overall unemployment rate in 50 years. Now, as we continue fighting COVID-19 — prioritizing the health of the American people and relief for our economy — I know our policies can do it again.
Law & Order
I believe we need police and criminal justice reform in order to make sure equal justice for all Americans. The vast majority of our police officers serve honorably, and I’m committing to providing them the resources they need to keep our communities safe.
- I oppose the lawless defund the police movement and will continue to fight to ensure law enforcement has the resources they need to keep our communities safe.
- I’ve cosponsored the JUSTICE Act to ensure police are representative of the communities they serve, provide more de-escalation training to officers, equip more officers with body cams, and create a database for police misconduct offenses.
- I’m a strong supporter of the First Step Act which removes mandatory minimums for first-time, nonviolent drug offenders.
Our military installations in Georgia play a critical role in our National Defense strategy. I’m committed to supporting our military personnel and families in Georgia and across the country. I’m proud to have supported:
- Largest military pay raising in a decade.
- Relocating the U.S. Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.
- Withdrawing from the disastrous Iran Deal.
- First ever Department of Defense Audit.
In addition to rebuilding our military, securing our borders and fixing our immigration law is necessary to ensure our national security.
- We must close loopholes in our immigration law that allow dangerous criminals to enter our country and move towards a merit-based immigration system.
- Our border patrol needs additional resources to stop illegal immigration, drug trafficking, and sex trafficking.
- We need physical barriers at strategic points along our southern border.
My mother, father, and my wife, Bonnie, were all public-school teachers and this issue is close to my heart.
- I support school choice because a student’s zip code should not determine whether they have access to quality education.
- When COVID hit, I wrote the SCHOOL Act – a commonsense plan to help students and teachers safely return to school or learn virtually until it is safe to return.
- I proposed bipartisan School Safety Clearinghouse Act to enhance school safety nationwide through communication, innovation, and new technology.
Since coming to the U.S. Senate, I’ve done everything I can to ensure Georgians and Americans have access to affordable, high-quality care.
- I believe in protections for Americans with pre-existing conditions, and I authored the PROTECT Act to do just that.
- Worked to pass the 21st century CURES Act, streamlining regulations to get life-saving drugs to market faster and cheaper.
- I’m working with President Trump and the Senate to ensure transparency in prescription drug pricing.
In response to the COVID19 crisis, I supported the bipartisan CARES Act. The CARES Act prioritized $6 billion for Georgia hospitals and healthcare workers and helped expand Georgians’ access to telemedicine.
I understand the important role agriculture, our state’s oldest and largest industry, plays in Georgia’s economy. I’ve worked to roll back onerous regulations hurting farmers in Georgia and across the country and secured critical disaster relief for Georgia farmers hit hard by devastating storms.
I’m committed to unleashing America’s full energy potential. Plant Vogtle in Waynesboro will be home to the first new nuclear power units built in the U.S. in over 30 years. This project will help Georgia become a leader on 21st Century energy production and support our country’s long term energy independence.
I’m committed to strengthening our critical infrastructure. The Port of Savannah recently became the top U.S. port for agricultural exports and is the third fastest growing port in the country. After nearly 20 years of failures by career politicians, we’ve secured full federal funding for the Savannah Harbor Expansion Project (SHEP), which is expected to be completed by early 2022.
I support term limits for members of Congress because career politicians are not going to solve the problems they helped create.
I’m proud to be a strong defender of Israel, our closest Middle East ally. I support the major steps we’ve taken to recommit to our alliance with Israel, including withdrawing from the dangerous Iran Nuclear Deal and moving the United States Embassy to Jerusalem.
I believe in bipartisanship, and I’ve worked across the aisle to help secure permanent funding for our Historically Black Colleges & Universities.
The right to bear arms is a freedom enshrined in the Constitution. We should focus on enforcing the gun laws already on the books to keep our families and communities safe.
Being pro-life is a deeply held conviction for me. I believe we have a moral obligation to promote a culture that values life and protects the innocent, including the unborn.
National Debt/Balanced Budget
I support a Balanced Budget Amendment to fix the congressional budget process and reign in our national debt.