A rising number of Georgia businesses and workers are feeling the positive impact of the historic tax cuts that became law last year.
- Aflac (Columbus) increased its 401(k) match to 100% on the first 4% of compensation and made a one-time $500 contribution to every employee’s 401(k). it also announced an increase in its overall U.S. investment by $250 million.
- AR-15 Gun Owners of America (Warner Robins) announced salary increases and bonuses for all employees.
- AT&T Southeast / BellSouth Telecommunications (Atlanta) announced that over 200,000 employees are getting a $1,000 bonus and that its investing $1 billion more overall in the United States.
- Carl Black Automotive Group (Kennesaw) announced bonuses for over 500 employees.
- CMC (Stephens County) announced $1,000 bonuses for all employees.
- Expanded Technologies (Marietta) announced a minimum bonus of $500 for every employee.
- Home Depot (Atlanta) announced a bonus of up to $1,000 for every hourly employee.
- Lockheed Martin Corp (Marietta) announced it plans to put $5 billion toward its pensions and that it’s increasing its investment in employee training, charitable contributions, and the Lockheed Martin Ventures fund by $200 million.
- Mincey Marble (Gainesville) announced it’s giving bonuses of up to $1,000 to every employee.
- Shred-X (Griffin) announced it’s hiring a new employee and purchasing new equipment.
- Starbucks is headquartered in Seattle but has a plant in Augusta. That plant is getting 500 new jobs and a $120 million expansion.
- SunTrust Banks, Inc (Atlanta) is raising its base wage to $15 per hour, investing an additional $50 million in community grants, and making additional 401(k) contributions.
- Synovus Financial Corporation (Columbus) announced it’s giving a $1,000 bonus to all non-executive employees.
- Total System Services (Columbus) announced it’s giving a $1,000 bonus to over 11,000 employees in Georgia and other states.
- UPS (Atlanta) is making a $12 billion investment to expand its Smart Logistics Network and to increase employee pensions.
- Yancey Bros. (Austell) announced it’s giving a $500 bonus to 1,200 employees.
Nationally, over 3 million Americans are getting bonuses and wage increases. Over 260 American businesses have announced they’re taking positive action because of these tax cuts. Read more here.