My opponent and liberal outside groups are trying are trying to mislead Georgia voters about my record. The truth is they are willing to say anything about me to try and flip Georgia blue this November. To set the record straight, my team has fact-checked the misleading claims Democrats are making about me.
MYTH: David Perdue supports removing protections for Americans with pre-existing conditions.
FACT: David has always supported protections for Americans with pre-existing Conditions.
David introduced the Protect Act (S. 1125) which would ensure protections for Americans with pre-existing conditions without being charged more for coverage., regardless of changes made to Obamacare. He’s always been for protecting people with pre-existing conditions and always will be. David believes protecting Americans with pre-existing conditions is simply the right thing to do.
MYTH: David Perdue and Republicans want to take away your Healthcare during a Global Pandemic.
FACT: David is committed to fighting for high quality, affordable healthcare for every American.
David has worked to help pass several relief packages during this unprecedented COVID19 crisis and helped deliver over $6 billion in federal assistance to Georgia’s hospitals and healthcare workers. These relief packages have included:
- $175 billion to hospitals and other health care providers.
- $32 billion directed at the research, development, and distribution of vaccines and treatments.
- $25 billion to expand testing capacity.
- $16 billion to replenish the Strategic National Stockpile.
- Expanded and increased access to telemedicine.
David stands against Obamacare and any form of government-run healthcare. The burdensome requirements within Obamacare have caused healthcare costs to skyrocket for millions of Americans. As a former fortune 500 CEO, he understands that competition in the healthcare marketplace is the best way to make high-quality healthcare plans affordable for all Americans. Since coming to the Senate, David has fought to ensure all Americans have access to high-quality, affordable coverage.
- Introduced the Protect Act, a bill that guarantees healthcare coverage for those with pre-existing conditions
- To address the drivers of healthcare costs, David have has consistently supported plans to reduce prescription drug prices.
- Taken the lead on fighting surprise medical billing, cosponsoring legislation to end this practice.
MYTH: Jon Ossoff is refusing donations from Corporate PAC’s and Lobbyists.
FACT: Jon Ossoff has taken tens of thousands of dollars from corporate PACs and hundreds of thousands from lobbyists and corporate executives.
MYTH: The SCHOOL Act – David’s commonsense proposal to safely reopen schools – does not provide funds to schools that choose to learn virtually.
FACT: The SCHOOL Act will provide funding to school regardless of when they choose to reopen.
Jon Ossoff falsely claimed in a WSB-TV interview that schools that do not reopen immediately would not be eligible for federal grants provided by the SCHOOL Act. He then repeated this claim in a Facebook Live event, stating his opposition to the SCHOOL Act and saying Senator Perdue should “go back to the drawing board.”
In reality, the SCHOOL Act would provide local school districts with the tools they need to develop safe reopening plans or learn virtually until it is safe for students and teachers to return to the classroom, regardless of when that may be.
The SCHOOL Act has four main pillars designed to bring confidence, trust and optimism to students, teachers, and parents as they return to school.
- Providing grants to develop reopening strategies & secure supplies.
- Connecting schools with healthcare professionals.
- Creating a clearinghouse to exchange best practices.
- Promoting data transparency.